A light version of a classic summer salad with tons of flavor and at least half the calories and fat.
- ¼ cups Red onion, sliced or diced
- 3 tablespoons Whole Greek Yogurt
- ⅓ cups Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dear
- ½ teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- ¼ teaspoons Sea salt
- ¼ teaspoons Black pepper
- 4 cups Broccoli florets, blanched for a few minutes and put in ice water
- ⅓ cups Flaked almonds
- ⅓ cups Dried cranberries
- ¼ cups Sun-flower seeds
- 4 slices Bacon, cooked and crumbled
Chop the red onion and place it in a small bowl of cold water for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, honey, mustard, salt and pepper and set aside.
In a larger bowl, combine the broccoli, onion, almonds, cranberries, sunflower seeds and bacon. Pour it dressing on top and cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving, although overnight is best.