This pasta is a perfect spring recipe. It only takes 20 minutes to do.
- 8 ounces, weight Uncooked pasta
- 1 cup Pasta cooking water, reserved after cooking the pasta
- 2 tablespoons Butter without salt
- 8 ounces, weight Low sodium ham, finely diced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 Small white onion, diced
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1-½ cup Heavy cream
- 1 cup Frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cups Extra Extra Grated Parmesan Cheese To Garnish
Cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water.
Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over low-medium heat. Add ham, garlic and onion. Cook until fragrant. Season with salt and pepper. Stir occasionally.
Add reserved pasta cooking water and heavy cream and stir. Add the peas and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the pasta. Add lemon juice and stir. Finish with parmesan.