Simple and tasty Peruvian-style ceviche with sweet potatoes and purple okra.
- 6 ounces, weight Grouper (or other white-fleshed fish)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 2 cloves Garlic, diced
- 2 teaspoons Diced Jalapeños
- 2 whole Lemons, Juice
- 1 tbsp Finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 whole Ice cubes
- 1 whole Red onion, finely diced
- 4 whole Okra, sliced crosswise
- ½ whole Sweet potato (peeled, boiled and cut into 1/4 inch slices)
- 1 whole Avocado, diced
Place the fish in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. After a minute, add the garlic and jalapeño. Mix well.
Pour the lemon juice over the fish and add the coriander and ice cubes. Stir and let stand for about a minute.
Add the red onions and okra slices and remove the ice cubes. Mix well and adjust seasoning to taste. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes.
Serve with sweet potatoes and avocados.