Grilled Eggplant Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette is the perfect side dish or appetizer recipe to serve at your next picnic!
- 2 Medium Eggplant, Heads Removed and Sliced Lengthwise
- salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons White wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- ½ cups Extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1 tbsp Chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ cups Micro-vegetables
Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush the eggplant slices with olive oil on both sides. Season generously with salt and black pepper. Put aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together the whole grain mustard, white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, and a pinch of salt and black pepper until blended. Whisk the olive oil until fully incorporated, then stir in the fresh parsley and thyme. Adjust seasoning to taste. Put aside.
When your grill or grill pan is hot, add the eggplants and grill for about 5 minutes before flipping and grilling for another 3 minutes. Remove from fire.
Drizzle the eggplants with the mustard vinaigrette and garnish with fresh micro-vegetables. Enjoy immediately!