With a homemade, buttered and flaky almond flour crust, sausages, spinach and eggs! So delicious!
- ½ pound Grass fed ground pork
- ½ teaspoon Dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoons Red pepper flakes
- ⅛ teaspoons Fennel seeds
- ⅛ teaspoons Paprika
- ¾ teaspoons Sea salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoons onion powder
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cups Canned Light Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Spinach, coarsely chopped and well wrapped
- 1 whole Low carb pie crust, at room temperature (see my TK recipe box or related blog post)
Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
Toss the pork with all the spices and seasonings, reserving 1/4 of the salt for the eggs. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and then cook the pork until no longer pink, break into pieces and drain excess fat.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, coconut milk and remaining salt until well combined. Stir in spinach and cooked sausage until well combined.
Pour into cooled pie crust and bake. Bake for 20 minutes. Lightly cover the top with foil and bake for another 18 to 20 minutes, until the eggs are set.
Let cool at room temperature for 10 minutes then slice and devour!
• You can also use 1/2 pound Italian ground pork.
• I tried pie crust without monkfruit and it works great. I like the touch of sweetness it provides.