The perfect balance of lemony and sweet. Healthy and easy to make! Sugar-free, gluten-free and dairy-free.
- FOR THE CRUNCHY CRUST:
- ½ cups Raw sunflower seeds
- ¼ cups Linseed (linseed)
- ½ cups Raw Cashews (or Almonds, Hazelnuts Or Peanuts)
- 3 tablespoons Arrowroot flour or arrowroot starch
- 1 cup Gluten-free flour
- ⅛ teaspoons Himalayan pink salt
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons Cold water
- FOR THE LEMON FILLING:
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Egg yolks
- 1 cup Coconut cream or cream of your choice
- 3 tablespoons Arrowroot starch or arrowroot flour
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ⅓ cups Freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
For the dough:
Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) and grease a 9 x 11 inch tart pan.
Blend nuts and seeds in a blender until fine. Add the arrowroot, gluten-free flour, salt, coconut oil, honey and cold water and mix again until combined.
Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the pie pan. Bake for 6 minutes. Remove the crust from the oven and let cool until warm in the pan on a wire rack before pouring on the lemon filling. Reduce oven temperature to 150°C (300°F)
For the filling:
In a bowl, whisk the eggs, egg yolks and coconut cream. Whisk arrowroot, vanilla extract, lemon juice and honey until smooth and creamy. Gently pour over cooled crust. The mixture will be quite runny but don’t worry, just put it in the oven and it will harden beautifully! Bake another 30 minutes or until filling is set.
Remove from oven and let cool completely in pan, on wire rack, before cutting into bars. Serve and enjoy!
Note: These can be stored in airtight containers in the fridge or freezer.