The easiest dessert you’ll ever make and it’s a huge crowd pleaser! Dairy-free option included too!
- ½ cups Sifted Coconut Flour (45g, See Note)
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoons Nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoons Salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Coconut oil, melted
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ¾ cups Coconut sugar (or brown sugar), packed
- 1-¼ cup Grated carrots
- ½ cups Pecans, coarsely chopped
- FOR THE GLAZE:
- 4 ounces, weight Softened low-fat cream cheese can use dairy-free)
- ¼ cups Softened butter (can be used dairy-free)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Powdered sugar, sifted
- Graham Crackers, for serving (gluten-free if needed)
Preheat oven to 350ºF and line the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate with parchment paper. Spray sides of dish with cooking spray and set aside.
In a medium bowl, stir together sifted coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until well combined. Put aside.
In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat the eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract and coconut sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the coconut flour mixture, mixing well to make sure there are no lumps. Stir in grated carrots until all carrots are blended and coated in batter.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and let rest for 10 minutes before baking.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
In a large bowl, beat softened cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat vanilla until well blended. Lower the mixer to low heat and gradually incorporate the powdered sugar.
Increase the speed and beat for an additional 2-3 minutes, until the mixture is light and fluffy.
Preheat the oven to 400ºF and toast the chopped pecans until they smell “toasted” (you’ll know), about 7-8 minutes. Put aside.
Remove cake from pie pan. Cut the cake into small squares and place in a large bowl.
Add the frosting to the bowl with the cake pieces and toss, lightly crushing the cake pieces to completely cover them, leaving a few pieces left. Stir in the toasted and chopped pecans.
To be devoured with graham crackers, fingers, a spoon, whatever!
• Please weigh your flour to ensure results.
• Do not dip, advance and cool, as it becomes very firm. Best mixed with icing just before serving.