This delicious French Bread Pizza is so quick and easy you’ll wonder why it hasn’t been on your rotation list for years. Change up the toppings for more variety and for picky eaters. From refrigerator to table in less than thirty minutes.
- 1 loaf (about 12 inches long) French bread
- ½ cups Pizza Sauce
- 1-½ cup Shredded Low Moisture Mozzarella, divided
- ½ cups Pepperoni
- 4 slices Coarsely Chopped Crispy Cooked Bacon
- ½ cups Chopped red pepper
- ½ cups Chopped green pepper
Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
Slice the bread in half lengthwise. Spread the sauce. Sprinkle with half the mozzarella. Top with pepperoni, bacon and peppers. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
Note: If you want a little more browning, put the grill on low for about 1 minute. Broilers are unpredictable, so stay close and watch the situation. If your stove is old or you are unfamiliar with your grill, I encourage you to skip this step.