Festive pomegranate couscous salad with pearl couscous, pomegranate seeds, pistachios, parsley, mint, shallots, lemon-ginger dressing. Deliciously easy.
- 3 cups Water, plus a pinch of salt
- 2 cups Pearl couscous (you can substitute regular couscous or quinoa)
- 4 Shallots (green onions). Sliced, including green parts
- 2 cups Italian flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- ½ cups Fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1-½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cups Pistachios (preferably unsalted)
- FOR SCREWING:
- 1 cup Lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Ginger root, chopped or grated
- ½ teaspoon Salt (optional)
- ½ teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoons Ground black pepper
Add water plus a pinch of salt to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the rinsed couscous, stir, lower the heat and cover. Simmer the couscous until the liquid is absorbed, 15 minutes. For best results, follow package directions.
While the couscous cooks, prepare dressing mixing the ingredients in a small bowl. Put aside.
In a medium bowl, add pomegranate seeds, green onions, parsley, mint and pistachios.
Once the couscous is cooked, let it cool. I find it easier to transfer it to a small mixing bowl and stir it a few times. Once it has cooled down a bit, add the dressing couscous and mix well. Add the couscous to the rest of the salad ingredients and mix well.