This vegetarian cobb salad is perfect for using up any veggies you have left in the garden. You can mix and match your toppings. Cucumbers and green beans also work great. carrot-kimchi dressing can be made a few days ahead, making it perfect for entertaining with a colorful buffet, or just a festive way to eat a salad for dinner as a main course.
- FOR SCREWING:
- 2 Large carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 piece (1 inch size) ginger root, peeled
- 1 clove (Big) Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Finely chopped kimchi
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Honey, preferably raw
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise Or Végénaise
- ½ teaspoon Sea salt and more for seasoning
- ¼ cups Grapeseed safflower or other neutral oil, plus more for greasing
- ¼ cups Water or as needed
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 2 ears Sweet corn, shelled
- 3 heads Romaine Or Romaine Hearts, Thinly Sliced
- 1 Finely diced medium zucchini
- 6 Radish, thinly sliced
- 1 pint Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Avocados, thinly sliced
- 4 Hard-boiled eggs, quartered
For the dressing, combine carrots, ginger, garlic, kimchi, vinegar, honey, mayonnaise or veganaise and sea salt in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Add the oil and whisk a few more times to incorporate. If the dressing is too thick, add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the mixture is the consistency of ranch dressing (I used about 1/4 cup total). Set aside or keep until ready to serve (the dressing can be prepared up to 4 days in advance).
Heat a gas grill or cast iron skillet until charred. Brush corn light with olive oil and add to grill or skillet. Grill on all sides until kernels are blackened in spots and kernels are bright yellow, about 5 minutes total.
To assemble the salad, on a large dish, spread the romaine. Sprinkle lightly with dressing, then arrange the courgettes, radishes and tomatoes on top. Lightly season the vegetables with salt. Finally, place the slices of avocado and the quarters of hard-boiled eggs in the salad. Serve immediately with the rest dressing on the side.