This recipe only takes 30 minutes to make. It’s a healthy and delicious keto recipe, and it’s also perfect for meal planning.
- 1-½ pound Boneless skinless chicken breast
- ⅓ cups Almond powder
- 2 Medium eggs
- 1 cup Grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons Fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons Chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Olive oil, or more to fry
Place the chicken breast on a cutting board and using a sharp knife, cut it into small pieces, then place it in a large mixing bowl.
In the large bowl, stir in the almond flour, eggs, mozzarella, basil, chives, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Using an ice cream scoop or large spoon, scoop in the chicken mixture and transfer it to the skillet, then flatten slightly to create a donut. Don’t overcrowd the pan, cook the donuts in batches, about 4 per batch.
Fry until golden brown on both sides, about 6-8 minutes. Keep in mind that you need to cook them on medium-low or they will burn on the outside but not cook through on the inside.