I love Indian curry and love how easy it is to prepare, especially this Indian Chicken Curry! We don’t skimp on the seasonings for maximum flavor. It’s a very mild curry but you can make it spicy if you want.
- 3 tablespoons Coconut oil or avocado oil
- 1 Onion, cut into large chunks
- 2-½ teaspoons Curry powder
- 2 books Boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Salt to taste
- 1 box (15 oz size) Whole coconut milk
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp Chopped garlic
- Cilantro leaves and cauliflower rice, to serve
Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion pieces and sauté until golden.
Add the curry and let the spices bloom for 1 minute. Add the chicken and season with salt.
Add coconut milk, ginger and garlic. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to stir until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Serve with fresh coriander leaves and cauliflower rice.
Nutrition per serving (about 1 1/4 cups): 418 calories, 31g fat, 24g saturated fat, 10g carbs, 1g fiber, 30g protein
9 freestyle points; 9 net carbs (not including cauliflower rice)
• This is a mild Indian curry, but it’s easy to add as much spice as you want with the addition of spicy red chilli.
• You can lighten this recipe by using light coconut milk, but the curry will be less thick.