All you need is a food processor and some chickpeas to turn them into easy-to-make hummus.
- 250 grams Canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed, divided
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 teaspoons Fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 50 milliliters Olive oil, and more for drizzling
- 4 tablespoons Water, or as needed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Paprika powder, to garnish
- 1 teaspoon Dried parsley, to garnish
Reserve 10 to 15 whole chickpeas for garnish.
Add the remaining chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice and tahini to a food processor and begin processing. Add salt and pepper to taste if desired (not necessary).
After about 2 minutes, add half the olive oil and mix again for about 2 minutes. Add the rest of the olive oil and mix. If the hummus is too thick, add 2 tablespoons of water and stir. Check the consistency and if necessary, add another 2 tablespoons of water and mix.
Sprinkle with paprika and dried parsley for decoration. Add the reserved whole chickpeas over the hummus. Drizzle olive oil on top before serving.