Easy and healthy minestrone soup is a simple, low-fat, low-calorie meal sure to please a hungry family! Ready in just over an hour, try it for dinner tonight!
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 5 whole Green onions, diced
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 cup Diced celery
- 1 cup Diced Carrots
- 1 cup Diced eggplant, peeled
- 1 cup Diced sweet peppers
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Dried oregano
- 1 box (28 oz size) diced tomatoes
- 2 cans (Size 15 1/2 oz.) Low Sodium Garbanzo Beans, Undrained
- ¼ cups Red wine
- 64 ounces, liquid Swanson vegetable broth
- ¾ cups Dried pasta
In a large pot, sauté garlic and green onion in olive oil until tender over medium-high heat, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add celery, carrots, eggplant and peppers. Mix well and cook for another 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add sea salt, pepper and oregano. Mix well and add canned tomatoes, undrained chickpeas, red wine and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Lower the heat to medium. Cook and stir for 30 minutes. Stir in pasta and cook for an additional 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
Serve with a green salad and fresh bread.