Family friendly, super simple and good any time of the year. It’s the perfect blend of ground beef and garden-fresh vegetables. I love serving it with a hot crusty baguette or sweet cornbread.
- 1-½ pound Ground beef
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 rods Celery, chopped
- 2 Carrots, peeled and chopped
- ½ teaspoon Dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon Dried basil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 6 cups Low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 Large Red Potatoes Cut Into Small Cubes
- 2 cups Fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 box (15 1/4 oz size) corn, drained
- 1 box (15 1/4 oz. size) Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a Dutch oven or large pot, brown the ground beef. When the ground beef is half cooked, add the onion, celery and carrots. Continue cooking until the beef is completely browned and the onions begin to soften. Drain off any excess fat.
Reduce heat to low and add oregano, basil, garlic powder and onion powder. Cook 1 minute, stirring continuously. Add vegetable broth, potatoes and green beans. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
Add the corn and the fire-roasted tomatoes. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes until the potatoes, carrots and green beans are tender. Salt and pepper to taste.