This easy black bean soup is tangy, hearty and ready in just 30 minutes!
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Small white onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons Chopped garlic
- 2 cups Low sodium chicken broth
- 1 box (Size 14 1/2 Oz) Ro*TEL Diced Tomatoes & Green Peppers
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cans (14 1/2 Oz. Size) Black Beans, Drained And Rinsed.
- 1 Lime, Juice
Heat the olive oil in a medium pot or saucepan. Add onion and sauté until beginning to soften, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add minced garlic and sauté an additional minute.
Stir in chicken broth, Rotel diced tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper and black beans. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
Remove from fire. Transfer half of the soup to a blender or medium bowl. Using a blender or immersion blender, puree.
Return the pureed soup to the pot. Add lime juice and stir.
Serve immediately and garnish with cilantro, a lime wedge and/or sour cream, if desired. Enjoy!