My favorite coleslaw recipe lately is a super crispy Brussels sprout slaw that is full of flavor, lightly seasoned and makes a lovely side dish. It’s loaded with apples, crushed cashews, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries and fresh chives and topped with a creamy yet light lemon tahini. dressing.
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts (washed, halved and thinly sliced)
- ½ cups Roasted Cashews (crushed or chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 whole Apple (washed, quartered and cut into bite-sized pieces)
- ½ cups Dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons Fresh chives, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- FOR SCREWING:
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- ⅓ cups Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- 2 teaspoons Liquid honey
- ½ Lemon, juice
In a large mixing bowl, toss the thinly sliced Brussels sprouts with the cashews, sunflower seeds, chopped apple, cranberries and chives.
In a small mason jar, add olive oil, mayonnaise, tahini, honey and lemon juice. Shake vigorously until smooth and creamy.
Stir dressing in coleslaw until well blended. Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!