These Chili Lime Spicy Chickpeas are super crispy (much crispier than baked chickpeas), healthy and Weight Watchers friendly!
- 1 box (15 oz size) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon Salt
Add the chickpeas to a medium bowl and toss with the chili powder, cumin, lime zest and salt.
Line the bottom of the air fryer with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Place the chickpeas on the foil and cook in the air fryer at 400°F for 17 minutes.
Periodically open the air fryer and shake the chickpeas to ensure even cooking. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
• You can use these seasonings I listed in the recipe above or you can use whatever you like.
• This air fryer method for crispy chickpeas was so much better than roasting in the oven (which takes an hour!). These are extra crispy!
• I don’t care about skinning the chickpeas. In fact, they are crunchy and delicious!
• I have found these stay crispy by storing them in a zip lock bag.
Nutrition: Calories: 82kcal, Carbohydrates: 14g, Proteins: 4g, Lipids: 2g, Saturated fats: 0g, Fibers: 3g, Sugars: 2g