This easy one-pot recipe features plump seared shrimp in a rich, melty parmesan sauce topped with fresh basil.
- 2 tablespoons Jar Sundried Tomato Oil
- 1-½ pound Raw jumbo prawns, peeled, deveined tail on
- ½ Yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 rooms Large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 ounces, weight Sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped small
- ½ cups Low-sodium fish or vegetable broth
- 1-½ cup Heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon Crushed chili flakes, or to taste
- 1 cup Grated fresh parmesan
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 cup Wrapped fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat the sun-dried tomato oil.
Season the prawns with salt and pepper, then sear them in 2 batches to avoid overloading the pan. Cook, 1 to 2 minutes on each side, until just pink. Remove from skillet and set aside.
In the same preheated skillet, add the onion, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes. Sauté for about 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add the broth and stir to remove any brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pan. Bring to low heat until reduced by half.
Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the cream, paprika and crushed chili flakes to the pan and stir until you have a creamy sauce.
Add the Parmesan, stirring until it is melted into the sauce. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Return the shrimp to the skillet and heat through for 1 to 2 minutes.
Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve!