These quick and creamy Crab Stuffed Mushrooms are loaded with fresh crab, cream cheese, breadcrumbs, garlic and Parmesan cheese making them the perfect appetizer. They are easy to prepare and delicious for your holiday entertaining.
- 12 Large cleaned white button mushrooms with stems removed and discarded
- Olive oil spray
- 8 ounces, weight Cream cheese, softened
- ½ cups Fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves Chopped garlic
- ½ tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ cups Finely chopped green onions
- ½ cups Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 cup Finely chopped cooked shelled crab (I use king crab)
Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
Lightly spray the mushrooms with a spray bottle of olive oil and arrange the mushrooms, cap side down, on a cookie sheet.
In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, breadcrumbs, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, green onions, Parmesan, parsley and crab.
Spoon about 1 1/2 tablespoons of filling into each mushroom. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn on the grill at the last minute of cooking to lightly brown the top. Stay close as I have always found the broilers to be unpredictable.
Note: You can add 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper for a little kick.