A handful of ingredients and a few simple steps make Creamy Cauliflower Garlic Soup one of the easiest and tastiest soups ever.
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil, and much more
- 1 head Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 Medium onion, diced
- 5 cloves Whole peeled garlic
- 3 cups Vegetable Broth Or Chicken Broth
- ½ cups Half and half cream
- ⅓ cups Freshly grated parmesan cheese and more for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh thyme, to garnish (optional)
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add cauliflower, onion and garlic and sauté until vegetables are caramelized (about 15 minutes).
Add broth and reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until cauliflower florets are tender and tender.
Blend the mixture in a blender until smooth. Add a little water to run it through the blender. Then pour the soup back into the pot. Stir in the cream and parmesan and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with more Parmesan, olive oil and sprigs of thyme (optional). Serve immediately.