This rich, creamy soup is filled with fresh corn and sweet crabmeat. You won’t be able to stop sucking on this one!
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 whole Onion, chopped
- 2 rods Celery, chopped
- 1 whole Pepper, chopped
- 1 whole Jalapeño, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Plain flour
- 4 cups Low sodium chicken broth
- 4 ears fresh corn
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoons Cumin
- ½ tablespoon Old Bay
- 12 ounces, weight piece of crab
- ¾ cups Heavy cream
- 8 slices Bacon, cooked crisp and chopped or crumbled, for garnish
In a large skillet, heat the butter until melted. Cook onion, celery, bell pepper and jalapeno until softened. Add flour and cook 1 minute more. Then add the broth little by little.
Add corn salt, pepper, cumin and Old Bay seasoning. To boil. Reduce and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
Stir in crab and heavy cream. Simmer for about 3-5 minutes more.
Top with bacon and oyster crackers. Enjoy!