Cozy Up soup with tomatoes and butternut squash.
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves Finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon Mixture of dried herbs
- 4 cups Butternut, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 400 grams Canned chopped tomato
- 100 milliliters Coconut milk
- 1-½ cup Water
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground black pepper
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, then sauté the onions and garlic until translucent and fragrant. Remove from the heat and stir in the dried herbs and butternut squash. Pour the chopped tomato, coconut milk and water and simmer over medium heat for 35 minutes.
Once the butternut squash is very tender, remove the soup from the heat and let cool slightly. Salt and pepper.
Blend in a food processor or with a hand blender until the soup is smooth and silky. If it’s too thick, add a little water and blend again until you’re satisfied.
Serve with a bread or a galette of your choice and enjoy!