This easy Texas caviar recipe only takes 15 minutes to make, so it’s super quick and easy. It is excellent as a starter, snack or side dish, and if you are not too hungry, you can also serve it as a main dish.
- FOR THE ITALIAN VINAIGRETTE:
- ¼ Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Dried crushed red peppers or chili flakes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- FOR THE COWBOY CAVIAR:
- 1 Orange or green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 Medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 Jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely diced
- 2 cups Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Large avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 box (15 oz size) corn, drained
- 1 box (15 oz size) black beans, well rinsed and drained
- ½ bunches Cilantro, chopped
- Corn tortilla chips, for serving (optional)
In a clean jar, add everything dressing ingredients, put the lid on and shake well to combine. Put aside.
Cut all the vegetables into small pieces. In a large bowl, combine the diced bell pepper, onions and jalapeños. Give it a good quick shake. Add cherry tomato halves, avocado, corn and black beans.
Water Italian dressing over Texas caviar salad. Refrigerate up to 1 hour to marinate and allow flavors to meld.