A delicious vegan recipe.
- ½ Medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 Medium red onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 Red peppers, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1-½ cup Water
- 1 cup couscous
- ½ cups Roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 Small bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 Spring onions, sliced
- FOR THE PEANUT BUTTER SAUCE:
- 3 tablespoons Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos for gluten free
- 1 Lime, Juice
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- ¼ teaspoons Cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons Warm water, to dilute the dressing, if necessary
Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
In a baking dish, place the butternut squash, onion and bell pepper. Add the olive oil, paprika, salt and ground pepper, then toss to combine.
Roast in the preheated oven for about 17-20 minutes or until the vegetables are golden brown on the sides and fork tender.
In a saucepan, add water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the couscous, 1 teaspoon of salt, and stir well. Put the lid on and remove from the heat.
Let stand about 5 minutes to absorb all the liquid, then fluff with a fork.
Meanwhile, prepare the peanut butter sauce. Put all the ingredients for the sauce in a jar with an airtight lid. Shake vigorously until everything is thoroughly mixed and smooth.
In a large bowl, add the couscous, roasted vegetables, green onions, peanuts and parsley.
Drizzle with peanut butter dressing and stir gently to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.