Clean Eating Carrot Turmeric Ginger Soup.
- 2 Finely chopped onions
- 4 cloves Finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- ten Baby carrots, peeled and chopped
- 5 teaspoons Fresh ginger, grated
- 2-½ cups Low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- Salt and pepper, to taste (I don’t use any)
Saute onions and garlic in olive oil until translucent. Add carrots and ginger and sauté for about 4 minutes.
Pour in the vegetable broth, stir in the turmeric and simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes, until the carrots are very tender. Season with salt and pepper (optional).
Blend until smooth and silky. You may need to add a little extra water if it’s too thick. Serve hot with the bread of your choice.
Note: Add a touch of coconut milk on top for a little extra creaminess!