This delicious classic Bloody Mary cocktail starts with low sodium spiced tomato juice followed by a perfect blend of spices like celery salt, freshly ground black pepper and horseradish sauce. This blend is not for the faint of heart.
- 1 Lemon, juice
- ½ teaspoon Celery salt, plus more for frost glasses (see notes)
- 1 bottle (46 oz size) Spicy V8 Vegetable Juice
- 1-¼ cup Vodka
- 1 tbsp Horseradish
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco-sauce
- Fresh ground pepper (about 15 turns of the pepper mill)
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- FOR GARNISH :
- Green olives
- cherry tomatoes
- Dill pickle spears
- Marinated green beans
Using a thin wedge of lemon, run the rim of the glasses, wetting it with the lemon juice. Place several teaspoons of celery salt on a yellowish plate and dredge the wet rims of the glasses through the celery salt.
In a large pitcher, combine lemon juice, celery salt, V8 vegetable juice, vodka, horseradish, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce. Tabasco sauce, pepper and pickle juice. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Pour over glasses filled with ice and garnish with your choice of green olives, grape tomatoes, dill pickle wedges, bacon or pickled green beans.
• Use 1/2 teaspoon of the celery salt left over from the rim of the glasses to stir.
• Garnish as desired. See my full list of garnishment ideas in the related blog post.