An easy and traditional salad for potlucks, holidays and family celebrations.
- 1 head Iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 cup Diced celery
- 4 Hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen peas, thawed
- ½ cups Diced green pepper
- 1 Onion, diced
- 8 slices Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 cup Grated cheddar cheese
In a large glass container (like a 9×13-inch baking dish or trifle bowl), place torn lettuce, diced celery, hard-boiled eggs, defrosted peas, diced green pepper, onion and crumbled bacon.
In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise and sugar. Spread over the top of the salad after the bacon layer.
Top with grated cheddar cheese.
Cover the container with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8 to 12 hours.
Note: Many of the ingredients listed can be changed or substituted according to your tastes/preferences.