Enjoy this delicious Thai Chopped Salad with Peanut Dressing full of color, flavor, texture and deliciousness.
- FOR THE PEANUT VINAIGRETTE:
- ⅓ cups Olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled
- 3 tablespoons Low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- ½ tablespoon Sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- ⅓ cups Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoons Fresh lime juice
- ¼ cups Crushed red pepper flakes
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 4 cups Kale, thinly sliced
- 2 cups Frozen edamame, shelled, thawed
- 2 Large carrots, grated
- 1 Red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ¼ Small red cabbage, sliced
- ⅓ cups Cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 Green onions, sliced
- ½ Cucumber, peeled and sliced
- Chopped peanuts, for garnish
To make the peanut dressing, in a blender, combine the olive oil, garlic, low sodium soy sauce, rice vinegar, raw honey, sesame oil, fresh ginger, peanut butter, fresh lime juice and crushed red pepper flakes. Puree very smooth. Put aside.
To assemble the salad, in a large mixing bowl, combine the thinly sliced kale, thawed shelled edamame, shredded carrots, sliced red pepper, sliced yellow pepper, sliced red cabbage, chopped cilantro, green onions sliced and sliced cucumber.
To serve, sprinkle with peanuts dressing and chopped peanuts and enjoy.
1. To make this salad vegan, replace the raw honey with pure maple syrup.
2. If you are making this ahead of time and want it to be as fresh as possible, do not add the dressing until you are ready to launch. It also goes great in a layered stacked mason jar.
3. Join our Spring Into Health Lunch Challenge now so you can enjoy all those delicious healthy lunches happening right now!