Layers of sweet cannoli and pizzelle cream, dusted with powdered sugar and filled with chocolate chips.
- 8 ounces, liquid Cream cheese, room temperature
- 15 ounces, liquid Ricotta cheese, drained
- 2 cups Powdered sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1-½ cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips (or less of your choice), plus 1/4 cup more for garnish
- 1 container (7 oz size) Pizzelles or Italian Waffle Cookies
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with a hand mixer until smooth.
In a food processor, beat the ricotta cheese until smooth. Add the ricotta cheese to the bowl of cream cheese and beat for about a minute. Add powdered sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Beat about 1 minute more or until fully incorporated.
Fold in the chocolate chips by hand. Start with 1 cup, and if you want more, add the remaining half cup.
Pour the mixture into a piping bag without a tip. Cut a hole large enough for the mixture to fit through. (You can also add the cream to the cups by hand.)
In a small bowl, mash the pizzelles. I used about half the container for the shooters and 1/4 more for the garnish.
Pipe a tablespoon of cream into each shooter. Sprinkle a layer of pizzelles and repeat the layers twice.
Add 1 last tablespoon of cream in each shooter then garnish with a few chocolate chips and a piece of pizzelle. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.