Just a few hand-whipped ingredients to form the perfect, decadent, gooey filling. The perfect holiday pie!
- 1-½ cup Sugar
- 5 tablespoons (Heaping) Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 box (5 oz. size) Evaporated milk (unsweetened condensed)
- 4 tablespoons Melted salted butter
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 whole Unbaked pie shell
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl, whisk sugar, cocoa powder, evaporated milk, butter, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Pour into prepared pie crust.
Bake for 45 minutes or until edges are set and center of pie is still slightly jiggly. Place the pie pan on a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.
Can be served hot, cold or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Handle the Heat.