Chocolate Zucchini Blueberry Smoothie is proof that you don’t need to add leafy greens to your smoothies to amp up your glass of green goodness! The zucchini is completely tasteless in this smoothie but gives it a really creamy and chunky texture and adds a boost of vitamin C, fiber, potassium and vitamin B6. This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and no added sugar!
- 1 cup Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup Frozen zucchini cubes
- ½ cups Frozen wild (or regular) blueberries
- 2 whole Pitted Medjool dates
- 1 tbsp Raw cocoa powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1 dash Vanilla
- ½ cups Cold water
Add all ingredients to a blender in the order listed. Mix low, progress up. If you have a Vitamix, use the pestle to make mixing easier. If you don’t have a high-speed blender, you may need to add a little more water, but not too much!
Serve with a spoon and garnish with a few raw cocoa nibs or sprinkle raw cocoa powder on top. Shredded coconut, sliced almonds, or chia seeds would also be great options for toppings.
1. To make frozen zucchini cubes, simply wash and cut the zucchini into small cubes, then freeze them in a Ziploc bag. Store in the freezer to use in smoothies, soups, whatever you like! Frozen zucchinis are tasteless in smoothies and they create a chunky texture which makes them ideal for creating thicker smoothies that are also healthy!
2. If you don’t want to use a banana, you can also use frozen mango or frozen watermelon instead for a sweet and creamy smoothie.