Very satisfying soup filled with green peas and onions.
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 whole Medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 whole Medium shallot, sliced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 whole Leek, thinly sliced
- ½ whole Large celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Frozen green peas
- 1 cup Water
- 1 bunch Fresh thyme (stems removed)
- ½ cups Vegetables soup
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper, ground
- ½ teaspoon Sea salt
- ⅓ cups Coconut milk, to serve
Heat the olive oil in a medium sized saucepan. Saute onion, shallot and garlic until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the leek and celery and sauté until tender.
Add green peas, water, fresh thyme leaves and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes over medium heat. Turn off the heat and let cool a bit before pouring the soup into a blender. Blend until completely smooth.
Adjust the seasoning and let rest in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving. When ready to serve, drizzle with a little coconut milk. Enjoy!