Chicken enchilada soup combines onions, peppers, black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, green chiles and chicken in a perfectly seasoned chicken broth. This easy soup pairs quickly with delicious ready-to-eat roast chicken.
- 1-½ tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 1 Green pepper cut into small pieces
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon Marjoram
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 4 cups Low sodium chicken broth
- 1 box (Size 10 Oz) Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 box (size 15 1/4 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 box (size 15 1/4 oz) corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 box (size 10 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 box (7 oz size) green chilies
- 2-½ cups Diced cooked chicken
- 1 tbsp Chopped parsley
- Tortilla Strips, Sour Cream, Cheddar Cheese, To Serve
Heat the olive in a heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions and peppers and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Add minced garlic, paprika, marjoram, chili powder and cumin during the last 30 seconds of cooking, stirring constantly.
Add chicken broth, black beans, corn, diced tomatoes and green chiles. Simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the cooked chicken and simmer for 5 minutes. Garnish with chopped parsley, tortilla strips, sour cream and grated cheddar cheese, if desired.