A Chicago-style hot dog fusion turned into a tacho-style fusion (tater tot nacho).
- ½ pound Your favorite toddlers
- 2 whole Hot dogs, cooked and cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ cups chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Celery salt
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning (optional)
- 1-½ cup Grated cheddar cheese
- 1 whole Roma tomato, pulp removed, sliced
- 8 ounces, weight Your favorite pickles, or to taste
- 8 ounces, weight Sport Peppers In Jar, Or To Taste
- 1 teaspoon black poppy seeds
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 425ºF, or according to your instructions on the frozen tot bag. Place the tater tots on a baking sheet and bake until they begin to crisp, about 15 minutes or so.
Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave the hot dogs until done.
After 15 minutes, remove the tater tots from the oven and add the onions on top of the tots. Return to the oven and cook for about 5 more minutes, just to lightly cook the onions.
Remove the tots from the oven, sprinkle with celery salt and Cajun seasoning (I use Old Bay for the extra celery salt factor). Top with cheese and hot dogs and return to oven until cheese is completely melted.
Once melted, remove and garnish with tomatoes, pickles, sport peppers and drizzle with poppy seeds.
1. If you want to use neon green funky relish, by all means go for it. The same goes for the yellow mustard, and although I like both, I omitted them from this particular recipe.
2. Feel free to adjust the ingredients depending on the number of people you are going to feed. This one in particular could probably feed two, but I was really, really hungry at the time and decided to go all out.