A Cheesy Black Bean Quinoa Bake for your healthy comfort food fix! Black beans, quinoa and plenty of veggies mingle with melty Monterey Jack cheese, cilantro and cumin. Cook it for a healthy weeknight dinner, the yields are plentiful.
- 1 cup Quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups Vegetable broth (or water)
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 cup Yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup Peppers, diced (any color)
- 1-½ cup Grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 box (14 oz size) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 box (4 oz size) Green Chilis
- 2 cups Shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons Ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons Cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9×5 inch baking dish with olive oil spray.
Add quinoa and broth (or water) to a saucepan and cook according to package directions.
While the quinoa cooks, heat the olive oil in a medium skillet and sauté the onion, peppers and grape tomatoes with a pinch of salt for about 7 minutes. Remove from fire. Add the vegetables to a large bowl.
Once the quinoa is cooked, add it to the bowl with the vegetables. Add black beans, green chiles, 1 1/2 cups cheese (reserve remaining 1/2 cup for top) and spices. Stir to combine.
Spread the combined ingredients in a baking dish in an even layer. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese on top in an even layer.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the grape tomatoes begin to burst and the cheese is completely melted.