Tender and crispy pan-roasted cauliflower with a refreshing creamy avocado and cashew sauce.
- ½ heads Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tbsp Oil (I recommend avocado or grapeseed for high heat cooking)
- 1 pinch Sea salt and pepper
- 1 pinch Crushed red pepper flakes, for garnish (optional)
- FOR THE CREAM:
- ½ whole Lawyer
- ⅔ cups Cashews soaked in boiling water for 1-2 hours
- ½ cups Extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cups Chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cups nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Almond milk
- 1 whole Lemon, juice
Preheat the oven to 425ºF and place the cast iron skillet on the middle rack of the oven.
Toss the cauliflower florets in the oil with salt and pepper. Spread on the pan in a single layer and cook for 20 minutes on the middle rack.
Meanwhile, prepare the cream. Combine everything in a blender and blend on high until smooth. Transfer to a mason jar or other airtight container and refrigerate until use.
Toss the bouquets in the pan and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes on the top rack of the oven. If the florets are not browning now, grill them over high heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Keep an eye out for them as they can burn quickly! Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
Pour cream over the top of the cauliflower and sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes. Serve immediately and enjoy!