Cauliflower Cheddar Soup is creamy, cheesy, hot and comes together in just 35 minutes! It’s like broccoli and cheddar soup but with cauliflower!
- 4 cups Unsalted chicken broth
- 1 head Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 stem Celery, chopped
- ½ whole Yellow onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Butter without salt
- 3 tablespoons All purpose flour
- 1-½ cup Milk, warmed
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ¾ teaspoons seasoning salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1-½ cup Grated cheddar cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup Croutons
Pour the chicken broth into a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add prepared cauliflower, celery and onion. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and cover. Simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Remove the saucepan from the heat. With an immersion blender, blend the cauliflower mixture until desired consistency (I like mine rather smooth with a few small chunks). Put aside.
In a large sauté pan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute until bubbling and combined. Gradually add hot milk, whisking until thickened.
Pour the mixture into the mixed cauliflower. Reduce the heat to medium and add the salt, seasoning salt and black pepper to the pan. Stir until combined. Add cheese and stir until melted. Add croutons and additional cheese on top and serve.