I always try to have something cold or room temperature when I receive, especially in the colder months when oven space is limited. This Brussels sprout salad has become a family favorite. Both types of mustard give coleslaw a zesty bite that stands up to winter menus. You can do this the night before; the colors stay bright and green and actually taste better.
- ¾ cups Choice of Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces, weight Brussels sprouts, sliced or shredded
- 1 bag (14 oz size) Coleslaw mix (I use rainbow mix)
Note: I thinly slice the sprouts after removing the stem, but you can always use a food processor.
In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, whole grain mustard, Dijon mustard, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
Stir in sliced Brussels sprouts and coleslaw mix. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to let the flavors blend. Check seasoning before serving.