This salad is packed with flavor from Thai cuisine. Spicy red curry, peanuts and coconut milk combine to create an inspired dish!
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons Red Thai Curry Paste
- ½ cups Coconut milk (canned)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 3 cups Broccoli florets, cut into 1/4 to 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups Shredded broccoli stalks
- 1 cup Grated red cabbage
- 1 cup Grated carrot
- ½ cups Dried apricots, diced
- ¼ cups Fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cups Fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cups Peanuts
- ¼ cups Green onions, thinly sliced, for garnish
For the sauce:
In a small skillet over medium heat, add the vegetable oil. When the oil shimmers in the pan, it should be at room temperature, then add the curry paste and cook for 30 seconds, breaking it up into the pan with a wooden spoon and tossing with the oil to cook a bit. Then add the peanut butter and mix well, cook for about 30 seconds more. Add salt, sugar, coconut milk and rice wine vinegar. Cook for 2 minutes, whisking to mix well. Add the mixture to a small bowl and cover. Place it in the refrigerator to cool while you prepare the vegetables for the salad.
For the salad:
In a very large bowl, add the broccoli florets, shredded broccoli stalk, cabbage, carrot, apricot, cilantro, basil and peanuts. Mix well to combine. Pour the spicy peanut dressing over vegetables and toss well to combine. Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Just before serving, garnish the salad with sliced green onions.