A healthy, gluten-free and easy breakfast that tastes like waking up to dessert!
- ½ cups Old fashioned rolled oats (gluten free if needed)
- ¼ teaspoons Cinnamon
- Sweetener of choice, to taste (I use stevia)
- 1 cup Water
- 1-½ tbsp Low-fat cream cheese (I like the Greek yogurt kind)
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract, divided
- ½ cups Blueberries (frozen or fresh)
In a small saucepan, combine rolled oats, cinnamon and sweetener of your choice. Add water and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract and bring to a boil over medium/high heat.
Once boiling, reduce heat to medium/low and simmer until oats are thickened, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
While the oats cool, combine the cream cheese, sweetener of your choice, and remaining 1/4 tsp vanilla in a small bowl. Blend with an electric mixer until the mixture is light and fluffy. You will have to stop and scrape the sides a lot.
Transfer the cooked oats to a bowl and stir in the blueberry and cream cheese mixture. Devour!
Note: It seems silly to use an electric hand mixer for such a small amount, but it definitely tastes like cheesecake!