This chorizo refried bean dip is super easy to make, super tasty, and just a few simple steps!
- 1 box (Size 15 oz) Refried Beans
- 1 box (15 oz size) pinto beans, lightly drained
- ⅓ cups Vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon Cumin powder
- 14 ounces, weight Shredded processed cheese, such as Monterey Jack or Queso Quesadilla, divided
- ½ cups Sour cream
- 8 ounces, weight Crumbled cooked chorizo
- Sliced jalapeno, diced tomatoes, cilantro leaves, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
In a bowl, mix the beans with the broth and spices. Mash the pinto beans lightly with a fork as you mix.
Mix half the grated cheese with sour cream and a pinch of salt. Put aside.
Spread the dip in a large baking dish (9×13 or equivalent), starting with all the beans, chorizo, sour cream mixture and remaining shredded cheese.
Bake the dip for 20 minutes until hot and bubbly. Top with fresh stuff, serve with fries, yes.