A few simple ingredients bring this kale salad together in 15 minutes. The perfect way to eat your vegetables!
- 2 bunches Lacinato cabbage
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- ½ whole Lemon
- 3 tablespoons Finely grated parmesan
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ cups Parmesan pieces
- ½ cups Cherry tomatoes cut in half
Remove stems from kale and tear into large chunks.
Add the kale to a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Use your hands to mash the oil into the kale, crushing handfuls of kale to soften it slightly. Let the cabbage sit for about 10 minutes.
Add lemon juice, grated parmesan and salt. Stir to combine and taste, adjusting seasonings as desired.
Just before serving, stir in large shavings of Parmesan and halved cherry tomatoes. To eat!
• This serves two as a hearty main course salad, four or more as a side dish.
• The grated parmesan gives it great texture, but you can skip the shreds if you don’t feel like lugging around multiple types of parmesan!
• The most important thing: it must taste good, strongly salty, lemony and cheesy. Add more of each ingredient until it does!