Baked beans are a summer staple! These quick and easy baked beans in a sweet sauce are a must-have side dish at your next barbecue!
- 2 cans (size 15 oz) white beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cups Ham Or Bacon, Cooked, Finely Chopped
- ½ cups Onion, finely diced
- ¼ cups Organic ketchup
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- ¼ cups Maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Molasses
- 1 cup Tomato sauce (plain from a can)
- Cumin And Chili Powder, To Taste (optional)
In a medium saucepan, combine drained and rinsed white beans, ham or bacon, onion, ketchup, mustard, maple syrup, molasses and tomato sauce. Sprinkle a pinch of salt.
Cook over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until desired consistency, stirring often. The longer the cooking, the thicker the mixture will become. Add more salt to taste and optionally season with cumin and chili powder.