You can make this beef and broccoli stir fry in just 25 minutes. It’s gluten-free, Whole30, and Paleo.
- FOR THE SAUTÉED SAUCE:
- 3 Medjool Dates, pitted and softened in hot water
- ½ cups Coconut Aminos or Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- ½ cups Bone broth or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, grated on a microplane (or 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- 2 inches fresh ginger, peeled and grated on a microplane (or 1 tablespoon ground ginger)
- 1 tbsp Arrowroot starch (you can also use gluten-free flour or cornstarch)
- FOR THE SAUTÉ:
- 2 tablespoons Olive or vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound Broccoli, cut into 6 cups florets
- 3 tablespoons Water
- 1-½ pound Sirloin steak (you can also use top sirloin or flank steak), thinly sliced into bite-sized strips
- 2 tablespoons Sliced green onions, for garnish
- 2 teaspoons Sesame seeds, to garnish
In a high-speed blender, place the drained dates, coconut aminos, rice vinegar, bone broth, and sesame oil. Add minced garlic, ginger and arrowroot starch. Put the lid on and blend until smooth. Reserve the stir-fry sauce until ready to use.
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon of oil. Add broccoli florets and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until lightly browned in spots. Drizzle with 2-3 tablespoons of water, then cover with a lid to steam the broccoli for 3-4 minutes, or until bright green and tender. Put aside.
Quickly wipe the pan clean with a paper towel. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil and heat the pan over medium-high heat.
Meanwhile, working quickly but carefully, thinly slice the beef. Add the beef in a single layer to the pan and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, turning it halfway through.
Stir in sauce and simmer until thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Return the broccoli to the skillet and toss with the sauce and beef. Continue to cook for 1-2 minutes more or until heated through.
Garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds and serve.