Gluten and dairy free baked potato soup.
- 3 Medium sized baked potato
- Olive oil, as needed
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 350 milliliters Dairy-free milk
- 350 milliliters Vegetable Or Chicken Broth
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- Salt and pepper, for seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Chives, Chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dairy-free cheese, grated
- 2 slices Bacon, Cooked And Cut Into Small Pieces
Bake the potatoes for 1 hour (or until tender) at 180°C (355°F). You can use a microwave if you are short on time. Allow the potatoes to cool slightly then remove the skin.
Drizzle olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Stir in potatoes, dairy-free milk and broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir in the oregano and season to taste. Divide among bowls and top with chives, cheese and bacon.