Bacon-wrapped pineapple is drizzled with a lightly spiced, semi-sweet oriental sauce and baked to golden, crispy perfection. They’re a holiday favourite, so you might want to double down on the lot.
- 1 pound Bacon (not too thin or too thick)
- 1 Peeled, cored and cut pineapple (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- ⅓ cups Ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Pineapple juice. (buy a pre-cut pineapple and use this juice)
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce (hot chili sauce)
Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
Cut the raw bacon in half and place it on a foil-covered baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 3 minutes, flip and bake for another 3 minutes. Let cool 5 to 10 minutes. Wrap each piece of bacon around a piece of pineapple. Secure with a toothpick and return to the foil lined baking sheet. Bake.
Combine honey, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, ginger, ketchup, pineapple juice and Sriracha in a small saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring several times.
Using a pastry brush, drizzle with sauce after 20 minutes of cooking. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until bacon is crisp and pineapple is hot. Serve quickly with the rest of the sauce.