My favorite crustless quiche for its incredible taste and crazy easy recipe! Gluten free.
- 200 grams Shoulder bacon, sliced into thin strips
- 3 cloves Finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 head (small) Broccoli, finely diced
- 8 Eggs
- ⅓ cups mascarpone cheese
- ¼ cups Feta cheese, diced
Preheat the oven to 150°C (300°F) and butter a quiche dish or a square baking dish.
Fry bacon until just done. Add the garlic, garlic powder and mixed herbs and sauté for about 3 minutes.
Add broccoli and fry for 4 minutes or until broccoli is bright green, stirring often. Pour the bacon and broccoli mixture into the prepared baking dish.
Whisk the eggs, then add the mascarpone and whisk to incorporate. Don’t worry if there are small bits of mascarpone left. Pour the egg mixture over the bacon and broccoli, then arrange the feta cheese on top and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the quiche is golden brown and cooked through in the center.
• This quiche will serve 2 to 3 people as a main course with a salad, or 6 to 9 people as an additional dish in a buffet.
• Make a vegetable quiche by removing the bacon and adding small cubes of pumpkin or butternut squash. Kale or spinach would work well too.
• You can use ham instead of bacon if you prefer. It wouldn’t be necessary to fry the ham, so sauté the garlic in a little olive oil, then add the broccoli as above. Stir the ham strips into the broccoli and garlic mixture before pouring them into the baking dish.