This is a great meal salad that’s easy to double or triple for more servings. Use deli turkey or leftover roast turkey. Suitable for Atkins, gluten free, keto, chf, low carb, diabetic, low glycemic, dairy free, nut free if nuts are omitted.
- FOR THE CRANBERRIES:
- 1 tbsp Sugar Free Dried Cranberries
- 4 drops Liquid sucralose (or other liquid sweetener)
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 4 sheets romaine, chopped
- 1 slice Red onion, thinly sliced and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Chopped parsley
- 2-½ ounces, weight Turkey, cooked and ground
- 1 tbsp Nuts, coarsely chopped (omit for nut-free)
- FOR SCREWING:
- 2 tablespoons MCT oil (or olive oil)
- 1 tbsp White wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Walden Farms Pancake Syrup (or other sugar-free syrup)
- 1 teaspoon Terrapin Ridge Farms Smoked Onion Mustard (or Dijon)
Begin by reconstituting the dried cranberries. Cut the cranberries in half and put them in a small bowl. Cover with water and add liquid sweetener. Let sit for about 20 minutes, until the cherries are plump and absorb the sweetener.
While the cranberries are soaking, prepare the salad and prepare the dressing. Chop all the salad ingredients and place them in a large bowl. Mix all the dressing ingredients with a small whisk or fork until well blended.
Once the cranberries are ready, drain them and add them to the salad. top with dressing and serve.
Nutritional estimates per serving based on the exact ingredients I used, calculated with a free online recipe analyzer. Calories 417, total fat 36g, saturated fat 29g, sodium 322mg, potassium 82mg, total carbs 3g, dietary fiber 1g, net carbs 2g, sugars 1g, protein 19g. Macros: 79% fat, 19% protein, 2% carbs.
© November 28, 2016 Roxana López
For more low carb/keto recipes and cooking tips, search Aunt Rocky’s low carb recipe group on Facebook.