With Swanson’s Mexican Tortilla Flavor Infused Broth, you can whip up a soup very similar to a traditional tortilla soup in just minutes. By using Del Real Pollo Asado Chicken, all the flavors are there with only minimal prep and cooking time. Suitable for gluten free, Atkins, keto, chf, low carb, diabetic, low glycemic.
- 1 tbsp Avocado oil
- ¼ whole Medium sized onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Chopped garlic
- 32 ounces, liquid Swanson Mexican Tortilla Flavor Infused Broth
- 8 ounces, weight Del Real Pollo Asado (pre-cooked and seasoned chicken), minced
- 4 ounces, weight Mezetta Slices of roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 4 ounces, weight Nona Maria Nopalitos, drained and chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 2 ounces, weight Baby corn (canned), drained and sliced into rounds
- ¼ cups Cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- 1 whole Medium avocado, cubed or diced
- ½ cups Monterey Jack cheese, grated
Chop all the ingredients before you start. This soup comes together very quickly and requires minimal simmering time.
Heat the avocado oil in a medium pot. Add the chopped onion and sauté until the onion becomes translucent. Add the garlic and cook an additional minute.
Add a small amount of chicken broth to the skillet to deglaze it, if necessary. Add all remaining ingredients (except grated cheese and avocado), stir and simmer for about 10 minutes.
Divide the soup into bowls. Top each with avocado and cheese. Garnish with additional cilantro or crushed red peppers, if desired.
Nutrition information (estimates are per serving based on the exact ingredients I used, calculated with a free online recipe analyzer): Calories 302, total fat 22g, saturated fat 4g, sodium 1822mg, potassium 119 mg, total carbs 10g, dietary Fiber 1g, net carbs 9g, sugars 3g, protein 13g. Macros: 69% fat, 18% protein, 13% carbs
© December 26, 2016 Roxana López